Taming the Bicycle

Over at Page Maps' blog is an ongoing sketch challenge which is up until the 25th. This is my first time to join their challenge though not my first time to use their sketches.

Here's the sketch as well as my take:




it took me sometime to think of the appropriate title for this LO. Until I came across of the essay written by Mark Twain (1884) with the same title. Though we are of different accounts with regards to bike matters, still I find it perfect for the LO.

Pia is so eager to go biking with us around the campus. She insisted to re-paint the hand-me-down bike she got from her Kuya Soy and we decorated it with "acid free" stickers the scrapbooker way. It's so tempting to add flowers and blings, too! (LOL) DH customized and re-assembled it in accordance to Pia's own preferences. We had few sessions with her teaching her to ride the bike without the aid of the small training wheels attached at the sides of the rear wheel. We actually don't remember that we went through this way with our 2 older kids.

I'm looking forward to a fun filled "bike tour" with the whole family.

No comments: